Sunday, August 3, 2008

easy Sunday... new albums from old favorites


Found new albums from iconic bands of my growing up years and brought them home to add to the music shelf... but before that we had family time at Power Plant Mall.

Lunch was at Sumosam in Rockwell with my parents, my daughter and my sister's family. Food was yummy [you already knew that] but the service still left something to be desired. But my parents loved the feel and style of the place, so good enough for a Sunday treat for the family.  The house tea, Lipton Fruit Berry, was quite good.  It was already a riot what with my sister's two boys, Luigi and Diego, imagine what it would have been like with my brother's brood, especially the twins.  

After lunch, we decided to walk around before having dessert just to let the feast settle down some more.  We ended up on the third floor, at Coffeebean and Tea Leaf. Ordered tea plus a slice each of their Guiltless Chocolate Cake and the Mango Mousse. The Guiltless Chocolate Cake lives up to its name, and is a must must try.  One thing my dad couldn't get over was that they didn't have toothpicks.  Guess eating cakes and pastries is pretty easy on the teeth?

Before I joined them at the coffeeshop, I took a sidetrip to O Music to get my copy of the Mamma Mia soundtrack.  I just had to get this one, as I thoroughly enjoyed the movie which we watched a week before.  I was amazed at Meryl Streep's vocal talent, add that on top  of her multi-awarded, awe-inspiring portrayals on-screen; but what I had the best laugh everytime Pierce Brosnan started singing opera-style.  Think James Bond belting romantic arias.  Now you get the reason why we laughed out loud everytime Pierce Brosnan opened his mouth in song.  If you want to relax, be entertained and enjoy yourself with an easy, feel-good movie, you must must must watch Mamma Mia, in the theater. 
 
Greece is beautiful!!!  Check out Skopelos, the island where they shot the movie, paradise!!! Makes me even more determined to get to that dream destination next year. But first have to get fit enough to climb those hills and trek those pathways. 

Back to O Music and the Mama Mia soundtrack which I found very quickly, along with the new albums of Chicago, Eagle, Carly Simon and Journey, featuring Filipino rocker Arnel Pineda.  Yes, I am a child of the 70s and the 80s, my ipod is filled with all the top hits of the disco era... how about yours?

Arnel Pineda sounds good, I like his voice, and it was great that they re-recorded the old hits like Separate Ways and Open Arms.  I read somewhere that the Journey fans were divided on the issue of his acceptability as a member of Journey, since he was not an American. But listening to the new album, that to me is a non-issue.  He sounds good with Journey.  or is it that Journey sounds like new with Arnel.

Carly Simon's cool voice is always a treat, soothing on the soul.  The albums of Chicago and Eagles have already been copied to the imac and will soon find their way to the ipod touch. Still have to choose which songs I like more than the others.

Was about to indulge in the Samsung i780 but will wait a little while, still thinking if I want to wait for the Samsung Omnia which they claim rivals or beats the iPhone , coming out end-August.  What I would like is that the next phone I get will make it easier for me to blog even when I am mobile.

It was raining the whole day, and it is pouring right now. It was an easy Sunday as Sundays should be. And the music made it even better.


0 comments: