Sunday, August 10, 2008

Organizing the books...


Over the last few days, I have been able to take my cousins' donated books out of 2 medium-sized cartons and transferred them to plastic boxes. Still reluctant to mix them with my own books as these are for the library I still dream of opening up in the next year or so.  

I have reclaimed the living room reading room area on the first floor.  It looks like a house again, not a stockroom for books.  But there are still piles and piles of books around.

The dogs are actually waiting to run around the house again. But not just yet.  Still have one or two piles of books that they could play around with and that would not be good for them or for the books.

P.S. I indulged myself last Monday and got a new phone. Not yet  the dream phone but close enough.  I am trying out the Samsung i780, my excuse was I wanted a phone that could help me blog even while I was mobile.

So far so good.  It is light, easy to use, and the touchscreen function does not take over the ease of use of the unit, unlike the iPhone that I tried out and gave up on after a week.  Comes with age? Maybe so. But my daughter gave up on her iPhone too, or the iPhone gave up on her. She is now using a Nokia E71.  I must say that is a good-looking phone. And it has a keyboard too.  So far, she says it is working fine.

P.P.S. Had dinner at Friday's in SM Mall of Asia last Friday, wanted to indulge during the 888 hullabaloo.  The greeting was typically Friday's, boisterous, welcoming, big and loud.  Arah, our server, was up to the challenge of 3 nitpicky customers.  Unfortunately, the food was not up to our expectations.

We tried two new dishes, Dragon-something chicken and a Tortilla-crusted fish [yes, the names were forgettable because the taste was blah].  We had to ask Arah to just wrap them up, even before we got half-way through it. Their Friday's Shrimp was the saving grace, the fries were yummy, I had too much!!!  

Too bad the dishes we tried fell short of the photos and the sell and the gung-ho attitude of their staff. While I appreciate the service, the food leaves much to be desired.

I should remember to take photos next time.  The next adventure is on Monday, at Fely J's in Greenbelt 5.  Will definitely take photos.

0 comments: