Thursday, January 1, 2009

Taking on the reading challenge

It's 3:10 in the morning of January 1, 2009. And I finished reading The Purpose of Christmas by Rick Warren. What a great way to start this exciting year.

I have been pretty quiet over the holidays, took the time to settle down and breathe, take stock and be happy about this life I am living with gusto.

So to start the year right, I have also signed up for The Year of Readers, which raises funds for reading charities around the world. For every book I finish reading, I pledge P100, roughly US$2.00, to help a selected charity which I still have to work out.

My reading challenge journey is recorded at Shelfari. But I will be posting longer "reviews" here.

How nice to be able to help out while doing one of my most favorite things in the world --- getting lost in a book.

1 comments:

Jodie said...

Hiya thanks for signing up! You can pick any reading charity you would like to support - it doesn't have to be one from the list at the blog. Everyone needs to keep a list of how many books they read and I'll be asking for monthly totals along the way. How you do this is entirely up to you, you can put it online or just keep a personal list.

Try asking your co-workers to sponsor you a small amount per book or put up posters in the library you'll be supporting asking people to contact you via e-mail to donate.

Hope you ahve a fun time and I'll be in contact soon :)